You may have noticed we got around a bit last year. My tastebuds had an absolute flogging at the hands of many seriously good offerings, some of which I am going to share with you now, in the form of my Top Ten Desserts for 2011.
Now I know I should give up sugar, or at least cut down (which I have made a concerted effort to do this year) however I freely admit to letting the calorific hair down for these treats and it’s only right you should know about them. They.Were.That.Good. Please enjoy the following food p*rn, in no particular order. It’s a tough job but somebody’s got to do it. And being that one of my New Year’s resolutions is to eat even more locally grown and sourced food, I’ve got a whole lot more foodlove to share from our fair city so stay tuned!
1. Ilona Staller’s Bombe Alaska
2. Rockpool‘s Devil Food cupcake
3. Bistro Guillaume’s giant salted caramel macaron
4. St Katherine’s Mister Whippy
5. Cafe Vue’s Chocolate mousse cake
6. Miami Fontainebleau’s Key Lime Pie
7. Seven Seeds’ Meringue cup cake
8. Sarong Bali’s Duck egg and ginger custard with cashew nut icecream
9. Disney World Resort’s Boardwalk Bakery Red Velvet Cupcake – note the icing to cake ratio here
10. Grossi Florentino’s canoli
And 2 extremely refreshing and delightful beverages we enjoyed regularly (but responsibly of course) were:
Dal Zotto Puccino Prosecco
Rekorderlig Pear Cider